Web page on how to roast a hog!
The following is a diagram of how to design a hog roast pit!
After one builds the pit they would place the following grate on top!
- Clear some room on the ground about a 6 ft. by 6 ft. area.
- Lay down some heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place the blocks around the foil like the above diagram shows.
- Place one bag of charcoil in the pit (leave in bag) soak with lighter fluid and light.
- After about 20 minutes the coils should be hot, then move the coils away from the center of the pit toward the edge of the blocks.
- Place the pig on the grate rib side down.
- Place the grate over the pit.
- Salt the top of the pig don't be stingy.
- Sit down with a cooler full of beverages and a spray bottle prepare to fight fire. Don't let the coils flame up.
- Add coils when ever needed don't over do it.
- After 3 to 4 hours lift the pig's legs check if ribs are loose. When the ribs are loose flip the Hog!
- Pour barbecue sauce over the pig and sample the meat. This is the best time of the day!
- Cover the top of the Hog with aluminum foil and let cook for 3 more hours.
- Take the hog off the pit and cut up and enjoy the feast! Below is a picture of the gang cutting and eating the pig!
Pictures from 1999
Pictures from 2002
Pictures from 2003
©Copyright April 2001
All Rights Reserved